Improving the energy efficiency of the places we live work and play not only helps conserve valuable natural resources, but also reduces dependence upon foreign oil enhancing national security while saving money at the same time.
Information Coordination – LBI serves as the central coordinating point for state, local and federal incentives available to business and home owners in Buckhead who implement energy savings measures.
- Educational Seminars - LBI will sponsor educational seminars for Earthcraft, LEED, Green Globes, Energy Star and other energy efficiency standards programs.
- Employer focused Educational Programs – LBI will develop employer focused educational materials, programs and policies for improving energy efficiency within an office setting. The programs will address operations within the company (lights in common areas, computer monitors, etc) as well as purchasing and other related policies.
- Home focused Educational Programs – LBI will develop home owner focused educational materials, programs and policies for improving energy efficiency within a home setting. The programs will address operations within the company (lights in common areas, computer monitors, etc) as well as purchasing and other related policies.
- Community Seal of Approval – LBI will develop a rating system that allows community businesses and property owners to certify their contributions toward building a sustainable community.
Incentives –LBI will actively seek out grant funding and other collective buying opportunities that will allow for the development of incentives to encourage property owners and managers to make capital investments that result in reduced energy consumption.
- City of Atlanta’s SHINE program – SHINE is a residential weatherization rebate Pilot Program offering City of Atlanta homeowners the ability to receive up to a $2,000 rebate towards qualifying improvements. Improvements include, but are not limited t duct and air sealing, insulation improvement, caulking, weather-stripping, and the replacement of doors and windows that are the source of significant heating and cooling loss.
- Georgia Power Energy Efficiency Home Improvement Rebates – Now is the time to take advantage of up to $1900 in rebates for 2010. You could receive as much as $1,900 toward your home improvements or receive financing incentives to help cut the cost of the assessment and improvements. For details, click here
Regulatory Changes (Zoning) - LBI will, through its land use initiatives, incorporate incentives and other mechanisms to encourage new buildings to develop in accordance with Earthcraft, EnergyStar, LEED and Green Globes energy efficiency guidelines.