Livable Buckhead strives to provide transportation choice through integrated land use and transportation planning and implementation efforts.
Transportation alternatives for the Buckhead Community are provided through BATMA (Buckhead Area Transportation Management Association), a program of Livable Buckhead.
- Commute Options - BATMA works to educate area residents and workforce about the transportation options that are available to them.
- Employer Services – BATMA works with employers to establish individualized alternative commute programs for their businesses.
- Commuter Programs - BATMA works with individual commuters to find the alternative mode that is right for their circumstances.
- “The buc” Shuttle Service - “The buc” is a community shuttle service designed to provide FAST, FREE and FREQUENT connections between area hotels, restaurants, offices, shopping destinations and MARTA rail in Buckhead. ”The buc” is funded by the Buckhead Community Improvement District.
- Zoning requirements for alternative transportation – Much of the Buckhead commercial core is subject to development requirements that support the use of alternative modes of transportation like transit and ride sharing.
A variety of regional and local incentives are available for commuters who choose to take alternative commute modes. Click here to see more details about the programs available.